• colinhousecreative

Non Lucrative Renewal UPDATE

From the 24th February, the Spanish Immigration announced that for the renewal years 2 & 3 the Iprem is just to show the Monetary allowance for the same amount as the initial application and only for the 1 year Iprem x 400%,

*this is due to the non working status of the visa

The original need was to show double the amount, but this has been ruled no longer needed, this will make it easier for people to manage as some have savings and pensions that will only come to mature after the 2nd year appointment.

As soon as i get the official publication i will add onto this article for the proof of the ruling

Below is the requirements


  • Not be a citizen of a State of the European Union , the European Economic Area or Switzerland, or a family member of citizens of these countries to whom the Union citizen regime applies.

  • Lack of a criminal record in Spain.

  • Not being prohibited from entering Spain and not appearing as objectionable in the territorial space of countries with which Spain has signed an agreement to that effect.

  • Be the holder of a non-lucrative temporary residence permit in force or be within a period of ninety calendar days after its expiration.

  • Have the necessary financial means to cover the costs of stay and return and, where appropriate, those of their relatives, in accordance with the following minimum amounts:

  • For your support monthly 400% of the IPREM.

  • For the maintenance of each of their relatives, 100% of the IPREM.

  • Have public or private health insurance arranged with an insurance Entity authorized to operate in Spain.

  • Have the minors in their care of compulsory school age enrolled during their stay in Spain.

  • The validity of the renewal of the residence permit is two years.

The list for the proof can be the following ;

Documentation accrediting having means of living

  • for the requested period.It may be accredited by any means of proof, including the provision of property titles, certified checks or credit cards accompanied by a bank certification that certifies the amount available as credit on the card. If the resources come from shares or participations in Spanish, joint ventures or foreign companies located in Spain, it will be certified by means of certification that the applicant does not carry out any work activity, attaching a sworn statement to that effect.

1,805 views1 comment

Recent Posts

See All